Baked Maple-Blueberry Peanut-butter Oatmeal.......MMMMMMMM!
This is by far my most successful breakfast Bake yet....& Im proud it's all my invention ;)
Makes 9 largish squares.....but if your me you will eat about half the entire recipe....whoops....
- 1 1/4 heaping cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4-1/3 cup of peanut butter (can be natural or with added sugar etc)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup (if using natural peanut butter you may want to add more syrup)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2-3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4-1 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon if desired
- Optional: 2 tbsp chocolate chips (white chocolate really works well against the blueberries)
If you feel creative spingkle granola or shredded coconut on top, or even pieces of healthy cookie dough for a more crumble like bake....
In a 350 degree preheated oven bake for around 20-25 minutes,
but it really depends how you like your baked oats, squidgy like me, or more flapjacky.....
Pictures will arrive soon