nutritious yet delicious.
these muffins aren't fat free....
fat free muffins taste....s****
pardon me but its true.
These muffins taste like coconuty courgette cake.
And with the addition of a large chunk of MILK chocolate, (probs a dark chocolate like bornville would do just as well), in the centre they are just epic.
with wholegrain spelt flour, coconut oil, applesauce and zucchini.....these muffins are defiantly nutritious and delicious.
there is 1/3 cup of coconut oil in order to ensure a moist coconuty interior...DO NOT reduce the oil content, these muffins need this sweet fat!
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (I used wholegrain)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed rich brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (according to your sweet tooth)
- optional: 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- I like to add one flax egg to the mix (1 flax egg = 1tbsp flaxmeal + 1.5 tbsp water)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- optional:1/3 cup of dried fruit of choice
- I put a chunk of ritter sport milk chocolate into the centre of some of the muffins.....I highly advise you to do this.